The Otuam Community Development Corporation was formed by Lady King Peggy, Lady King of Otuam, Ghana to stimulate development and infrastructure improvements in Otuam, Ghana and the surrounding communities. Otuam Community Development Corporation was incorporated as a non profit organization in Washington, DC on April 2, 2010. The purpose of the Otuam Community Development Corporation is to:
- Improve education opportunities for youth and adults in Otuam, Ghana
- Improve access to healthcare for the citizens of Otuam and the surrounding communities
- Improve access to fresh drinking water
- Build a library for use by citizens of Otuam and the surrounding communities
- Foster economic growth in the private business sector
- Encourage cultural arts
- Improve infrastructure (e.g. roads, public works, sewage, etc)
- Foster exchange opportunities between Americans and Ghanaians
- Promote investment in Otuam by concerned Americans
- Promote leadership training in Otuam
The Otuam Community Development Corporation is currently engaged in a strategic planning process which will include conducting a needs assessment in Otuam, Ghana in the fall of 2010 to prioritize the multiple needs of the community. In addition, the The Otuam Community Development Corporation will develop an implimentation and funding plans based on the prioritized needs of Otuam and the potential for international financial support.
The Otuam Community Development Corporation will conclude the strategic planning process by the spring of 2011.